GSK named "Best Pharma Company" at the 2016 World Vaccine Congress
30 March 2016
Issued: Washington, USA
GSK has been named "Best Pharma Company" at the Vaccine Industry Excellence Awards in Washington, DC.
The awards ceremony is part of the 2016 World Vaccine Congress and aim to identify and reward organisations and individuals who have demonstrated an unparalleled ability to succeed and to continually set standards of excellence and advocacy over the previous 12 months.
Thomas Breuer, GSK’s Chief Medical Officer, Vaccines, accepted the award on the company’s behalf.
GSK was selected based on the following criteria:
- Size and range of the overall vaccine pipeline
- Mix across development phases
- Spread across innovation and lower risk candidate development
- Commitment to R&D productivity model implementation
- Current and future market potential and value for the pipeline
GSK develops and makes a broad range of medicines to treat both acute and chronic diseases. The company is global leader in respiratory diseases and HIV treatment, and has the broadest vaccines portfolio in the world. About 40% of the world’s children receive a GSK vaccine.