How to apply
How to apply
We are delighted you have decided that a GSK apprenticeship is where you want to launch your career. As you might expect, the recruitment process is rigorous, but you should always bear in mind that the process is as much for you as it is for us.
We want you to proceed through each level in our process so that you can explore GSK and determine whether we are the right fit for you. We will provide you with personalised feedback along the way so that you can improve and build on your strengths throughout the process.
Top tips for your application:
- Make sure you apply early. Complete your application form carefully, don’t rush. It is your opportunity to show us your motivation, skills and to make a good impression.
- Research GSK through different platforms before applying to understand if we are the right company for you.
- Think about what skills you have that you can bring to your chosen role that will help GSK make an impact to patients’ lives.
- Make sure you have completed your online test, and full application form before within the set deadlines, or your application may not be considered.
The application process
Stage 1: Eligibility form
The first step after registration is to complete a short online form that confirms your basic details and confirms your eligibility for your chosen programme
Stage 2: Online Assessment
There are three parts to the online assessment
First you will be asked to complete our bespoke GSK online assessment. You will hear from current students and graduates to learn a little more about what it’s like to work at GSK, as well as being shown different real-life scenarios and how you would react to these. The assessment should take around 60 minutes to complete, and you can pause,rewind and come back to the test as many times as you like. You will have 5 days to complete this test, and will receive a feedback report on how you did after completion.
You will then be asked to provide information on your qualifications, skills and experience as well as motivation for your chosen apprenticeship and for GSK. The information you provide will then be carefully reviewed by a member of our team.
Finally, you will be asked to complete two on line comprehension designed to assess your understanding of using, trouble shooting and performing maintenance on machinery. Each assessment should take around 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to take it in one sitting. You will have 3 days to complete this test. These are multiple choice tests where you will need to select the answer.Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/InlineImage.cshtml)
Stage 3: Assessment Day
The final step in the application process is designed to allow you to demonstrate your relevant skills and abilities in a number of different ways. We will invite you to your chosen GSK site for a half day assessment day, where you will participate in a number of activities which will include:
- A presentation you will pre-prepare
- An individual interview
- A group exercise
- A practical exercise*
* Practical exercises vary between the different apprenticeship programmes and you may or may not be required to do one depending on the apprenticeship.Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/InlineImage.cshtml)
Stage 4: Offer
After the assessment day, we will aim to get back to you within 7 working days with an outcome and schedule a time for a feedback call. If successful, we will ask for a few more details and get your contract out to you as quickly as possible!